How You Can Create a Wireless Building and Construction Ecosystem
Wireless technology in building and construction have always gone hand-in-hand. The challenge over the last 20 years has been how to implement a cost-effective solution with projects that have so many moving parts.
is a perfect match for any building or construction firm that has multiple projects and orders, with multiple employees making multiple deliveries and multiple inspections simultaneously.
Every feature and function noted below can be demonstrated to you, live and operating with your existing paper-based forms at no cost or obligation.
We have effectively organized the transition of all building and construction paperwork into what we call a Wireless Building and Construction Ecosystem. This will enable management to centrally track every aspect of every project in real-time, directly from your office.
We combine the wireless conversion of paperwork (time cards, work orders, expense forms, delivery forms, inspection forms) onto commercially available handsets such as the Blackberry, Android phones or tablets or Motorola iDEN. The new wireless version of your paperwork can include:
- Job assignments driven from your back office systems
- Drop-down pick lists that are editable in real-time
- Multiple check boxes editable in real-time
- Open-ended fields
- Bar coding or RFID support with bluetooth scanners
- Before and after photo capture
- Mobile printing options for receipts or inspection reports
- Full GPS monitoring and tracking of people and assets (direction, speed, stop times, start times, geo-fencing, mileage, etc.)
- And much more
Our system is designed for our customers to have total control over their wireless forms. For example, you can add all the vendors you wish to an expense form and control this on the fly:
All data captured and collected gets transferred in real-time to an online data collection center that offers:
- Alerts and escalations
- Real-time reporting
- Full GPS tracking and online maps
- Reports available in a PDF Format
- Instantaneous export to MS Excel
- XML Feed
- Web service ready for back office data migration
All data is made available in an easy to use spreadsheet that is available online.
Click on the PDF icon to display a perfectly formatted report including bar code information captures and photos. Below is an actual report of a dining expense where a picture was taking of the receipt.
A few examples of how AIRmobility®
is being used today in the construction industry:
Your new Wireless Building and Construction Ecosystem:
- Delivery management using GPS and bar coding for a concrete distribution firm
- Capital expenditure reporting for fixed billboard asset maintenance and repair
- Maintenance of bus shelter construction and ongoing maintenance for the city of San Francisco
All of your paperwork is now moved to wireless handsets. Management is able to see, via photo capture, how jobs were started and how they were left. The company saves time and fuel by not spending the extra time needed to physically go to the location. GPS tracking is assisting in the delivery of materials and creating route efficiencies to save in fuel costs. Inspection forms are now submitted on the fly, supporting immediate management alerts if certain inspection levels are triggered. Time cards are now managed and benchmarked via geo-fencing workers with their reported time.
telematics capabilities are state-of-the-art. You can combine multiple routes together. You can provide geo-fencing, track hours in a geo-fence, account for miles driven, stop times, start times, etc.
If you are interested in learning more about how Westlake can help, contact us
today or complete our needs assessment
form. If you have forms you would like us to take a look at, fax
them to us for review.